 General / 18798
18797  |  18799
Subject:
Instructions Needed for Set 1998 - Silja Line Ferry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 02:35:04 GMT

A co-worker of mine (who is originally from Finland) recently related a sad
tale regarding a Silja Line Ferry Lego set that has long held a prominent
place in her home.  The set was obtained by her son as a child (he is now a
college sophomore) while aboard the Silja Line.  After initial play*, the
model remained in its assembled state and was displayed in a common area of
their home.  Unfortunately, that's when evil came to visit.

My co-worker had the misfortune of welcoming a Godzilla-like youngster as a
houseguest.  She reporting finding the little terror ravaging the helpless
ferry.  Sceptically, I reminded her that in fact children do play with toys.
She retorted that what she discovered was more psychotic and unholy in its
aggression than 'play'.  Evidently, the scene was resolved without
notification of the authorities.

The family now seeks to reconstruct the model.  Unfortunately, the
instructions are nowhere to be found.

I checked out listings for 'Silja' at Huw's site and got three hits.  Given
her son's age, I'm guessing that set number 1998 (released in 1991) is the one
we're after.

Does anyone out there have access to these instructions?  Simple scans or
photocopies would be adequate as reconstruction is the primary goal.

Thank you for your time.

* Apparently, there are people who can turn their attention away from Lego
after some feeling of "newness" wears off.  This seemed very odd when it was
described to me. ;)