 General / 18763
18762  |  18764
Subject:
Playing at the Animated Brick Company: Video Contest Entries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 02:20:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings All!

This morning I cranked up Episode 2 of the Animated Brick Company Showcase
which can be found at the following address:

http://members.xoom.com//animatedbrik

As previewed in the first edition of the Showcase, this time around I am
presenting the four videos that I entered in the recently-ended LEGO Maniac's
Coolest Home Video Contest.  The 4 videos have been rendered in RealVideo
format (so you need a RealPlayer to view them) and it only takes a few minutes
to download them.  Please stop on by and enjoy the show.  As always I'm always
interested in feedback.

WARNING:  Because I am technically semi-retarded I have taken the easy way out
and used a MS Web building tool to construct my site.  The BIG negative to
this (besides the scorn it earns me) is that the download of videos from the
site only seems to work if you're using MS Explorer as your browser.  Sorry
for the inconvenience.

LATE BREAKING NEWS - After uploading my new site this morning I had plan to
simply post a message about the new episode and let it go at that.  However, I
received a phone call today with the news - I WON THE LEGO HOME VIDEO
CONTEST!  I am one of the 3 Grand Prize winners of a trip to LEGOLAND in mid-
July (Kidvention week).  I'm of course totally out of my mind with excitement.

The crazy thing is I don't even know which entry won.  The woman who called
from the company running the contest for LEGO didn't have that info.  I'm
going to try and find out by the end of the week though because I'm planning
on showing my videos at BrickFest on Sunday and it'd be nice to know which one
was the winner.

That's my news.  It's been a great LEGO day for me.  How 'bout you?

Greg

P.S. I attempted to post this earlier but it doesn't seem to have taken.
Maybe I was too excited and pushed the wrong button.  If the same basic post
shows up twice - please excuse me.