 General / 18641
Re: Colin and Wanda surface in Cary North Carolina!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 14:40:28 GMT

Hey, those are pretty cool!

Any chance you could post more pics of the Blacktron ships? So few
people build Blacktron I stuff anymore.

~Mark

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
Colin and Wanda finally surfaced in Cary North Carolina. Actually, it's a • pair
of clones. When they arrived a couple months ago, I was just too busy • to do
much, so I quickly found all the parts to clone them and saved them • aside.
Tonight I decided to do a photo shoot.

Pictures are at: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=589

I had to build one of my 1775s so that I had a passenger plane for them • to
arrive on! They took a day at the beach, then visited an old English fort, • and
a couple pirate ships. Finally, they took a trip to space and flew at the • head
of a fleet of Spyrius ships, and got to play with the Blacktron Challenger • and
Invader. While tooling about in the Blacktron ships, a pair of Space • Police
cruisers tried to pull them over, but Wanda, flying the Invader, scored a
direct hit on one of the police cruisers!

I wanted to do more combat shots, unfortunately, it looks like the • batteries
have gone dead in my slave flash controller so I'll need to get more
batteries. By aiming it towards the camera, I got a pretty decent fireball
effect, but I'd like to work on it more. As a 2nd picture, I tried to place
some LEGO bricks around the police cruiser to look like blast • wreckage,
unfortunately, the slave flash wouldn't fire. The red cast to the picture is • a
result of putting a trans-red canopy in front of the slave flash.

Follow-ups to lugnet.general

Frank