 General / 18598
18597  |  18599
Subject:
A song I made up......how true it is.........
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 00:34:24 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

JUNIORIZATION PIE  by Bracadonna

A long long time ago I can still remember
How those boxes used to make me smile
And I knew that if I had my chance
I could make those sets come back
And maybe AFOLS would be happy for a while

Did you write the Idea book of pieces
And do you have faith in CEO Nieces
If that book tells you so
Now do you believe in bricks'n'bulk
And do you seem to always sulk
And can you teach me how to build a real hulk

Well, I know that you're in love with them
Cuz I saw you buildin' in the gym
You thought you could never loose
Man, I dig those bricks in blue....

I was a lonely teenager spending bucks
On tubs that would fill my pickup truck
But I knew that I was out of luck
The day the good sets died

I started singing

Hi Hi Juniorization Pie
Drove my chevy to the Wal-Mart
But the Wal-Mart was dry
And the good old toys were just SPUDS and Lies
I was singin' this will be the day that I die
This will be the day that I die

I met a girl at register nine
And I asked her for some news of this crime
But she just smiled and turned away
Well, I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd seen the sets years before
But the man there said the sets were replaced

Well now in the streets the children scream
The builders cry and the eBayers dream
But not a word was spoken
The good sets all were taken
And the three things I admire the most
The Father, Son and the Retailing Post
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the good sets died

I started singing

Hi Hi Juniorization Pie
Drove my chevy to the Wal-Mart
But the Wal-Mart was dry
And good old toys were just SPUDS and Lies
I was singin' this will be the day that I die
This will be the day that I die

Hi Hi  Juniorization Pie
Drove my chevy to the Wal-Mart
But the Wal-Mart was dry
And good old toys were just SPUDS and lies
I was singin' this will be the day that I die
This will be the day that I die

I started singin'
I started singin'
I started singin'

I was bored, decided to make some 'alternate' lyrics to American Pie. What
suprises me is that this song almost completely describes what most AFOLs and
FOLs feel right now about Juniorization and the past. Get the song American
Pie and read these lyrics as the rythm goes along. LMKWYT!

Erin