 General / 18408
Re: help needed repairing axles [not technic]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 01:52:34 GMT

"Whytcross, Benjamin" wrote:

I've got a few axle sets here for the detatchable wheels like cartwheels,
and the two halves of the pin have been forced together, so that the wheel
just slides on and off, without gripping and holding on. Does anyone know
how to 'reset' the pin so it will hold the wheels on?

To do this I use the same method that worked for Technic pegs:  I take a
pocketknife (or, if you don't like sharps on your Lego pieces, a folded index
card might work as well) and slide the blade between the two halfs and just
wiggle it enough to push them apart.  One has to be careful so as not to break
the peg half off, but it's always worked pretty well for me.

best

LFB