 General / 18240
Re: "Graham Rawle's Lost Consonants"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 19:52:44 GMT

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ...
"Scott A" <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> writes:

"Graham Rawle's Lost Consonants" is a weekly item in a newspaper I read.
Each week a sentence is given, and GR removes a consonant to show how it • can
changes the meaning. Sometimes he can be quite funny, and sometimes not
(although my kids find him funny most weeks). This week it featured • Lego:

I really liked this one.  Really funny stuff, although one shouldn't
write "lego" when one means "LEGO brand building bricks", as the
illustration suggests!  ;-)

It's also funny in the pretext of some AFOL's around here having a large
ego!  (No offense, anyone.)

Fredrik

There's a problem with the caption though...

It should read

   "Nichoas had ots of ego to buid things with"

follow-ups to: lugnet.off-topic.fun

Frank