 General / 18184
Re: Awesome LEGO Arch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 14:52:49 GMT

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:
I recently won some LEGO parts in an EBAY auction that included some
light pink and light green pieces (I believe they are parts of a
Bellville set).  Among the lot was (IMHO) the most interesting
architectural element LEGO ever produced.  It is a white 2x6x5 LEGO arch
piece that has attached round columns on either side, with a 4x wide
arch opening at the top that has above it what looks like "Victorian
Gingerbread" (a North American reference to late 1800's houses that have
very ornate and intricate cutout wood trim in gables, porch railings,
overhangs, and architectural embellishments).  The design above the arch
looks like two hearts on either side, with what looks like a triangle in
the middle.  These designs are cut out of the arch.  On either side of
the arch there is a curved loop at the top, also of this cut out
design.  The arch is 1x wide at the bottom, but 2x wide at the top.  I
really like this piece, and I think it is one of the most intricate LEGO
pieces I have ever seen.

So what set(s) did this piece come in?  And is it only available in
white?

Well, it is currently available in <set:5805> (2, white) and <set:5824> (2,
white).  It will soon be available, one copy in red, in set 4165 Minnie's
Birthday Party (sorry, no picture on Pause yet...).  It was available in
<set:3676> (2[3?], white), <set:3683> (3, yellow; 2, white), and <set:3798> (2,
white).

Again this is an awesome arch!

It most certainly is!  :)

Jeff

Thanks Jeff.  Looks like this arch has been around since 1986.  I don't pay either
Bellville or Fabuland much attention.  But it looks like I will now!

I also like those 1x4x2 (or thereabouts) fence pieces with the cutout hearts.  You
could really create a nice Victorian Gingerbread house with these fences and
arches.

Gary Istok