 General / 18106
Re: First set? (was: Re: Lugnet Roll-call)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 12:41:28 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

In lugnet.people, Chris Maddison writes:
In lugnet.people, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.people, Shiri Dori writes:
First LEGO Set: Unknown box/bucket with many pieces and two minifigs.

Ah! I know now that it is (almost for sure) this set. Thanks, • Jenn!

-Shiri

That one must have been sitting around for quite some time before you got it,
seeing as how it was released in '81.  You sure that's it?
-Chris

Pretty sure, judging by the brickshelf instructions. Most of the pictures
(specifically the windmill and the house) are still pretty engraved in my
memeory, and I have the right amount (and type) of windows, doors, propellors
and minifigs to confirm this belief further. I'm not 100% sure, though; but
for now, this is the best bet I have (I've checked the universal sets, no
other match).
Anyhow, I was thinking the same thing, but figured maybe it was on clearance
(which would explain getting it; my parents where on post-doctorate back then,
and not floating in dough, so to speak). And they don't really care enough to
dig up details from the back of their minds. :-)

-Shiri
xfut .general

It was still on production in 1984 (according to a german catalog that I
have from the same year). Additionally, inventory turn over period for
small toy stores is generally much longer than large market chains, so
it is very possible to have it on the shelves during late 80s.

Selçuk