 General / 18075

Re: Languages of Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 15:50:05 GMT

Ka-On Lee <ko_lee@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Fu7sIp.6GG@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
Does anyone know how many languages Lego has published  at least one item
in?  All I know is that in the inside cover of  Idea Book  #260  the • intro
is given in 13 languages.  Portugeuse, Dutch, Italian, Greek, English,
Chinese, Japanese, French, Swedish, German, Danish, Finnish, and Spanish.
I think I have seen Arabic in some catalogues, so that would make  14...
What are the others?

The battery usage instructions on the 2nd page of the international • version of
8480 were written in 19 languages.

Interesting, I wonder what the addional languages are?
#8480 is from 1996?   The Idea Book, from 1990, had flags denoting each
language.  I would have been unable to identify some  without that help.
The battery usage instructions probably don't have the flags.  That would
make the task of identifying the  languages much more difficult.
thanks,
sheree

Re: Languages of Lego
Interesting, I wonder what the addional languages are?
#8480 is from 1996?   The Idea Book, from 1990, had flags denoting each
language.  I would have been unable to identify some  without that help.
The battery usage instructions probably don't have the flags.  That would
make the task of identifying the  languages much more difficult.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8480/8480-002.html

I can only identify 5 and read 2 of them.

Re: Languages of Lego
Interesting, I wonder what the addional languages are?
#8480 is from 1996?   The Idea Book, from 1990, had flags denoting each
language.  I would have been unable to identify some  without that help.
The battery usage instructions probably don't have the flags.  That would
make the task of identifying the  languages much more difficult.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8480/8480-002.html

I can only identify 5 and read 2 of them.

Well, I can only read one, but I take a guess at the others.  ;)

Column one:
English, German, French

Column two:
Italian, Dutch, Spanish

Column three:
Danish, Finnish, Swedish?, unknown, unknown, Russian?, Turkish?, unknown

Column four:
Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, unknown, Hebrew?

The ones with question marks are wild guesses.  "unknown" means I can't even
make a guess.

Jeff

Re: Languages of Lego
Interesting, I wonder what the addional languages are?
#8480 is from 1996?   The Idea Book, from 1990, had flags denoting each
language.  I would have been unable to identify some  without that help.
The battery usage instructions probably don't have the flags.  That would
make the task of identifying the  languages much more difficult.

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8480/8480-002.html

I can only identify 5 and read 2 of them.

Well, I can only read one, but I take a guess at the others.  ;)

Column one:
English, German, French
Agree

Column two:
Italian, Dutch, Spanish
Agree

Column three:
Danish, Finnish, Swedish?, unknown, unknown, Russian?, Turkish?, unknown
Danish, Finnish, Swedish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Greece, Turkish,
Maltese/Maleisian ?

Column four:
Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, unknown, Hebrew?
Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, last two I don't know

The ones with question marks are wild guesses.  "unknown" means I can't even
make a guess.

Jeff

Sybrand

Re: Languages of Lego
Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, unknown, Hebrew?
Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, last two I don't know

The second last one is Korean.

Re: Languages of Lego