 General / 17297
17296  |  17298
Subject:
contest from techies.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 16:48:42 GMT

(i'm sure 5 people have answered already, but it's still interesting)
(this was sent to me by a coworker... i'm not really on the techies.com list)

If you haven't been to the techies.com Web site lately, stop by and
check out the new, user-friendlier design. We've made it easier to
update your techfolio Personal Career Profile.

Are you gainfully employed but always searching for that one dream
job? Ever wonder what it would be like to be a part of the Research &
Production team at LEGO? Thinking this must be my dream job, I
wondered just what the hiring process must be like for such a
position. After speaking to the Human Resources department in Denmark,
landing a job with LEGO comes down to three simple qualifications:
First - Have previous LEGO R&D experience (who doesn't have this by
age 5?). Second - Live in Denmark (what's the exchange rate these
days?). Third - Prepare to have the most fun you've ever had in a job
(oh the horror!). Just imagine what the buzzword bingo card would look
like working at a company that uses imagination as its core hub!

Test your LEGO trivia – Be the one of the first five people to send me
the origin of the word LEGO and I'll send you a techies.com T-shirt.
Send your answer to me at mailto:blawson@techies.com – be sure to include
your name and postal mailing address.

This month's issue of Your Career is packed with valuable articles.
Read the latest technology articles at
* See how Internet2 picks up where progress left off
* Go behind the scenes and discover The Real World of working for a
  startup
* Certified or considering certification? Check out the IT
  Certification and earnings article.
* Who's managing your projects? Learn what the value of your
  communication and organization skills are compared to your tech
  knowledge.
* Whose software is it anyway? Learn the ins and outs of copyrights.

If you do not wish to receive this newsletter, simply click the link
below, enter your user name/password combination, select the market in
which you wish to "Administer Your Account," and click edit. Uncheck
the selected boxes you wish to turn off.
http://dc.techies.com/Common/Profile/Main/AccountAdmin_m.jsp