 General / 17193
Re: Russian T34/85 Tank
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 17:14:34 GMT

You are right, getting the angles of turrets is very difficult. The Tiger1 was
relatively easy compared to the T34/85. I think this version is around the 6th
rendition I attempted and I am still not completely happy with it, but it is
close enough for me to be content with for Lego. :) I have looked at making a
separate /76 turret also that could be swapped for the /85 version....however
I am too busy at the mo attempting to install R/C turret rotation and gun
elevation in my 1/15 and 1/16 scale non Lego R/C tanks ;)(as addictive as
Lego)...and also been looking at fitting a 1/25 true R/C unit into the Lego
tanks!

In lugnet.build, Kevin Knoot writes:
In lugnet.build, Carl Greatrix writes:
I have finally posted pics of another tank at www.brickshelf.com/cgi-
bin/gallery.cgi?m=carl after being inspired to do so by seeing shauns
fantastic armoured car :)

Another fabulous piece, bravo!  On first glance, I thought you had actually
modeled a KV-1, due to the high, straight sides of the turret  Getting the
proper contours of turrets is not an easy job, at least for me.  It seems like
the /76 model's turret could be done justice with angled bricks; I may tackle
that one myself, if I can ever finish my panther.

Kevin