 General / 16699
  Re: I just died and went to lego heaven...

(...) Yep! (...) Just show up and walk in. If you're ever in Boston, drop me a note and I'll show you where it is. I just now realized, after 8 months of passing within 50 meters of the building every week, that it was the media lab... <bangs head (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: I just died and went to lego heaven...

(...) NO! It's not! It's not actually "open to the public" in the usual "open house" sense, like a library or a state university computing center. Yes, the outside doors to the building happen to be unlocked during the day, but that doesn't mean (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: I just died and went to lego heaven...

(...) Oh, OK. I didn't perceive it as such, but I see your point. Sorry, I was just reiterating my experience. (...) OK, I see that too. However, they didn't seem to have any problem with my walking in and looking around. I didn't touch the displays (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)

  Re: I just died and went to lego heaven...

Some years ago I walked in to an engineering building at MIT and summoned up the nerve to ask some professors what they were working on. They had been meeting in an open central area before splitting up to their offices. To my amazement, the first (...) (25 years ago, 24-Mar-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos)