 General / 16566
Re: That will put a few things in perspective...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 01:27:36 GMT

James Simpson wrote:

This afternoon I am going to TRU to buy a new Lego set.  It comes in a box, with
instructions.  I was just informed by my co-worker that her husband just
received something in a box with instructions (well, ok...40 boxes.)  It is
called a Porsche, and he is going to put it together.  Again, to recap:  I am
putting together a Lego set with instructions.  He is putting together a Porsche
with instructions.  This is not the first Lego set that I have put together with
instructions.  This is not the first Porsche that he has put together with
instructions.

James, who has never even put together a Lego Porsche with instructions.

As it happens, I owned a Porsche before I ever owned a single LEGO brick.  I can say
this because  1. I led a relatively deprived LEGOless childhood  and 2. I bought my
first car (the Porsche, bought used) at age 25.  I still have it although I haven't
driven it for years (since I had kids).  It's a '66 912-- my eBay user name
"mags912" is the car's license plate.  Right now it serves as storage-- I even kept
extra LEGO bricks in it for a while until I realized they were taking on that
distinctive 60's German car odor!

Maggie C.