 General / 16290
    Re: News article about Imagination Centers —James Powell
    (...) I'd add that Edmonton, AB is more likely than Toronto...because of the West Edmonton Mall, not for any other great reason. Toronto doesn't have a 'festive' mall (except perhaps Square 1 in Missisagua), so that is why I would say Edmonton (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: News article about Imagination Centers —Mark Herzberg
     (...) Yes, that is true. However, Disney will be opening up a DisneyQuest Centre in Toronto (as well as Miami and Philadelfia, the latter which I left out). Most DisneyQuest Centres have a mall. Disney has close ties with LEGO. (24 years ago, 11-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: News article about Imagination Centers —Kurt Williams
     (...) I'd disagree.. once you factor in shipping, population and other economic factors Toronto would be more likely to have a center. Toronto has a few festive malls.. most notibly the Eaton Center on Young and Dundas.. expansion is crazy there of (...) (24 years ago, 12-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: News article about Imagination Centers —James Powell
    (...) Answering myself (and some of the other posts). Another couple of reasons why not Toronto...because Countryside Lego Outlet is only about 2 hrs away, and again, I don't really count the Eatons Center as being all that much of a touristy (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: News article about Imagination Centers —James Brown
   (...) Yah. The place (WEM) is a pit, IMHO, but it qualifies as a tourist attraction, and does pull in tourist $$. If Canada gets 1 LIC, I'd say about even odds for Toronto or Edmonton; if we get two, it'll be Toronto and Vancouver; if three, then (...) (24 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.general)