 General / 15975
15974  |  15976
Subject:
Idea for club funding
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 21:21:38 GMT

Someone psted recently that they gave out a bunch of S@H inserts at a recent
show and that they wished that they had a stamp that said "Tell Them Wamalug
Sent You". Well, why not take this a step further? Maybe Lego, as a way to
sponsor LUGNET and these clubs without being overly instrusive, could credit
an organization with a certain amount of money each time they get an order
because of them. Since many of us place big orders anyway, I'd rather see an
organization get credit than Lego pocketing what they save in shipping and
handling costs. For example, I order 10 sets and say that Lugnet sent me.
Lego credits the difference between the cost of shipping each one of those
10 sets separately (which is what S@H prices are based on) and shipping all
10 together and credits the difference to LUGNET's account.