 General / 15771
15770  |  15772
Subject:
Appropriate forum for web site design?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 04:35:37 GMT

Is there an appropriate LUGNET newsgroup for web site design?

Although I'm a programmer by trade, I actually blew off the whole web site
thing until I really got the urge to share my LEGO creations.

With a little learning, I've managed to put together my site (I posted an
update to this newsgroup about it earlier today).

However, I still feel like I have a lot to learn.

- Do people actually read text and descriptions, or do you go right for the
pictures?  I tend to be a picture person myself, but do get a lot of
enjoyment when I occasionally read other peoples descriptions.
- Do people like to see the pictures organized by subject matter or just a
raw image directory?
- Do guest books make any sense?  I put one in a few weeks ago and about 150
people have visited.  Only one person left anything in the guest book.

Anyhow, is there an official forum for this sort of discussion?  I've seen
other web-site related posts on the general group, so thats why I'm posting
here.