 General / 1564
1563  |  1565
Subject:
5956 airship + other 1999 stuff in the UK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:07:15 GMT

This set has appeared in the UK now, and I bought one today. I have not seen
mention of it here before, so here's a few notes, based on a cursory glance,
since I have not yet made it:

The airship part is made of thin plastic and doubles as a storage canister.
The 'pointed end' comes off. It looks like it has 2 slots in the bottom for
holding 2 technic axles in place for mounting purposes.

The box it comes in is not big enough for the airship part. It therefore
sticks out both ends. It suspect this will make it susceptable to shelf
damage, so if you're going to buy one, get it as soon as it appears.

At 20GBP (US$30) its a bit over priced, IMHO.

The shop also had all last years US Ninja sets, 4 small Adventurers 5901,
5906, 5936
and 5956 all (as far as I could tell) Space Port sets, some small Town sets.
Technic
wise they has 8219 (which I got from New Zealand last year) and 8251, the
yellow bike.

Sadly no set had a 1999 catalogue inside. The airship had 1998's!

--
Huw Millington
http://www.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego - Home of the promotional LEGO set guide