 General / 15639
Re: an update -- and an apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:45:40 GMT

Kevin Loch wrote:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Gary R. Istok writes:

any set,  2x2 windows - great for making skyscrapers (1x4x5 or 1x4x6 are too
large for skyscrapers), tiles - in certain sizes and colors, corner slopes -

1x4x6 windows are exactly the right size for minifig scale office buildings.

KL

Yes, of course you are correct Kevin (my classic scale bias showing through).  But
as one of the few people who currently has the LEGO windows (but yes! that will
change!!!) to build tall skyscrapers, I have to tell you that a 25 story building
with the 1x4x5 or 1x4x6 windows will probably mean that this building has to sit
on the floor, because it won't fit on a table.  My 25 story ONE SHELL PLAZA made
of  1x2x2 and 1x4x3 windows has to have part of the ornamental antenna top removed
whenever it sits on the table.

So yes, 1x4x5 and 1x4x6 windows are more suited to minifigs, especially if the
skyscrapers are built in a room with a cathedral ceiling.  (For non US/Canada
AFOLs, that is a rooms sloped ceiling that is anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 stories
tall).

Gary Istok