 General / 15604
Re: Two more Virtual On Mechs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 20:42:33 GMT

I'm going to do instructions for several of the mechs, but it probably
won't be for a few weeks yet, I've still got several parts to model in
3d studio.  As for the peices I used for the ankles, the best ones use
two of the 2x3 tile type 2 and 3 toed hinges (one half of the hinge has
studs the other is smooth).  You stack the two hinge assemblies on top
of one another, one opens one way the other opens the opposite way.
Then on the center stud of the top hinge, put a 1x1 tile with a C-clip
on top.  Then use one of the 1x2 plates that has a cylindar fastened on
to it in two places (that's the best way I can explain it).  That's it.
It gives you all 3 directions of freedom, but it doesn't hold together
quite as good as using technic pegs or something.  It's still pretty
solid though.  I think you can see the ankles pretty well in some of the
pics of my new Golden mech.

http://soli.inav.net/~thomas/complete.htm

Scroll down to the 00227 model.

Hope that helps you.  I can't wait to see your design.

-Dave Jr.
Master Grade Lego Models