 General / 15372
    Re: Is it possible to have too much LEGO? —Markus Wolf
   YOu know, I've kind of taken to finding the old directions on www.Brickshelf.com and building with what I have. You won't have all the minifigs or maybe an exact duplicate, but it's fun seeing how I can modify it to work for my own purposes. It's (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is it possible to have too much LEGO? —Duane Hess
   (...) I'm doing that same thing myself. I find it neat to take an older set and modify it to meet my needs. I swap out some of the older shapes and replace them with newer style pieces. After that, you lengthen a stud here and shorten a stud there, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is it possible to have too much LEGO? —Gary R. Istok
      (...) It is interesting to see that others are also "improving" on some original LEGO concepts. I took an old LEGO blue castle (from 1961), and made it from a 2 tower castle into a 4 tower courtyarded castle. I am working on taking the old '57-'65 (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Is it possible to have too much LEGO? —Larry Pieniazek
   Interesting subthread. I guess I'm from the "build it per directions" school. I tend to build stuff to learn what there is to learn, then I go off and build my own stuff from scratch. Only very rarely do I modify TLC sets into something improved... (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)