 General / 14902
14901  |  14903
Subject:
Brickshelf Gallery compliments and suggestions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2000 05:57:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kevin Loch writes:

Kevin,

I will give that a try in the future.  Straight links certainly look better,
and have more meaning to me than the CGI script.

BTW - I love the gallery.  After I deleted all of the photos that I had
uploaded one by one, I simply recreated the entire folder by uploading
one .zip file up, and as advertised, the .zip was un-zipped and everything
showed up with proper thumbnails and all.

I have a few suggestions, though, so that others might avoid what I learned
the hard way, and so that Kevin can be kept busy coding so that he does not
attempt am 84 stud metroliner coach.

1) There is as yet (Beta, remember...) no way to delete a text file in a
folder, since when you go into the text document, it does not come up, as do
pictures, in the gallery frame with all the controls available.

2) It is very easy (and very quick!) to accidentally delete a folder if you
hit the delete link while in viewing a folder.  A confirmation message would
be nice before proceeding with the delete.

3) I would like the option to upload a .zip file as a new sub-folder of the
current folder, the sub-folder being named after the name of the uploaded .zip
file.

Since each photo (or is it simply item?) has a unique number, I envision
surfing just based on that so see what people have been uploading, sort of a
manual "current uploads" feature.

We all truly are lucky to have such dedicated and capable people as Kevin (and
so many others that if I start naming them I fear I will offend by
accidentally omitting a name) to help bring such easy and highly functional
image hosting to a central location like the Gallery.

Will

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wsmiddel/Wamalug

KL