 General / 13734
Re: New Minifig Reference Site & Official Delurk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 02:02:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Craig Hamilton writes:
In lugnet.general, Paul Ferguson writes:
Dear AFOLs.  For my official delurking, I've decided to
put up a reference site showing:

1) Minifigs that do not appear in the Fibblesnork Guide.

2) Some figs that are in the Fibblesnork Guide, but without
  masks, helmets, etc., so you can see their faces/torsos.

The site is at:  http://home.att.net/~locker99/index.htm

So far, the following series are up on the site:

- Hydronauts
- Stingrays
- UFOs

I plan to add the following soon (in more or less this order)

- Fright Knights
- Insectoids
- Wild West native figures
  (cowboys are on Fibblesnork already)
- Divers
- Arctic
- Knights' Kingdom

I'm looking forward to comments from you folks.  In addition, if
anyone is aware of "official" names for any of these figures, I'd
love to hear about them.  I've only recently come out of my
own Dark Age, so I missed most of the Maniac magazines, etc. which
might have had those names in them.

Thanks.

Paul

you've done a beautiful job with this site, paul! i like the masks and
helmets as decorative motifs on the pages.

well, i dug out my mania magazines to furnish you with some names:

from september ~ october 1997 Mania Magazine:

  U.F.O. ~

the 'fig with the black helmet, dark grey armour and trans orange head is
the leader, ALPHA DRACONIS. notorious for his ugliness and bad breath.

the other aliens aren't named, but their home world is identified as "the
planet Humorless".  the blue one with the trans green head has always struck
me as being a female. don't ask.

oddly enough, the red robot is identified as ANDY DROID, and linked to a
bygone theme!:

  "in one of those unbelievable-but-true stories, Andy is really Explorien
Ann Droid's brother. The Aliens reprogammed Andy to help them take over the
galaxy. But every time Andy sees Ann, he gets a strange tingling in his
memory banks, so maybe one day he will find his lost sister."

  hmph. i know how he feels. every time i see older lego sets, i get a
strange tingling too. so maybe one day TLC will find its' lost soul?

  later ~ craig~

Many thanks for the additional information, Craig  -- it's now been
incorporated into the site.  In addition, an initial version of the
Insectoids went up today, just in case anyone is actually interested
in them.

Paul