 General / 12963
Re: Swearing! (was something else)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 22:48:02 GMT

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.general, Richard Parsons writes:

I don't belong here.

Nonsense. :)
You do some very cool stuff, and contribute to the group.  More significantly,
you like Lego.

Agreed. As one of the biggest "keep it clean advocates" (it was a post
referencing a post of Tims that referenced a post of mine that James
chose to reference, and it's a point I've been making for over a year)
it's not the person I object to, it's the carelessness.

As I said a few days ago, nobody is asking that you be perfect, just
that you exercise some care. If you slip up, so be it. But I saw no
reason to change a perfectly good subject line to INSERT profanity, I
guess I really should have been jumping on the Spamster.

Sorry if I'm harping on this point, feel free (anyone) to mail me and
tell me I'm being too much of a stick in the mud.

I especially don't want ANYONE to feel excluded from Lugnet, the most
wonderful resource there is for LEGO, and if someone feels like they're
being hounded, they should feel free to tell me to knock it off.