 General / 12924
Re: www.legoworldshop.com closed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 02:52:51 GMT

I think it will be temporary and there is going to be a totally new online
shop later.
I don't know what TLC plans but the new Speed Slammer Sets (Technic
#8236-8238 I think) do have the following on the back of their instructions
(European version):
"There is a new LEGO speed computer 5206 which you can buy online on
www.lego.com now or order at the following number..."
Check http://www2.pncl.co.uk/~huw/lego/index.html for the official picture
that is shown on the instructions too.
However, if they tell us to buy this thing online (52xx is the service
range) I am sure they plan something.
Also, many of the Mindstorms sets in the shop said "available by 2000" so
why should they stop selling them before they started. TLC knows that
internet is the future market so we can be sure to see a completely new shop
soon.

Let's hope Brad Justus will keep us updated.

Sorry, that's all I know - no big help though.

Bye, Christian.

Ben Gatrelle <ben@yellowcastle.spam.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
FnMDMK.BBu@lugnet.com...
I don't know how many people on LUGNET use the LEGO Worldshop web site to • puy
product, but today when I went there I received the following message:
    The Lego Worldshop service has ended.

    Please refer to:

    http://www.lego.com

    Remember to update your link.

    This message will disappear in 10 seconds,
    and you will be transferred to Lego's home page.
I guess now that most if not all products are available through S@H, those • of
us in the US can order from them but what about the rest of the world? • For
those who bought from www.legoworldshop.com Let's hope that this closing • is
temporary and a part of the new LEGO Direct Service (LDS ?)

Ben Gatrelle
www.yellowcastle.com

(FU to .general)