 General / 12406
    Re: making your own LEGO parts —Tom Boucher
   We've (Well, I should say the development guys at IBM) have started using this process to make some of the plastic parts in our servers. Needless to say, unless you've won the $1 Billion powerball and have a few bits of cash floating around in the (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

        Re: making your own LEGO parts —Roger Hamlett
   (...) The nearest 'practical' equivalent I can think of, are the 'micro' CNC milling machines, these allow surfaces to be very accurately milled, and start at anout 10000 dollars. I have access to one used for making 'one off' prototypes of stuff, (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)