 General / 12273
Re: 2000 US in-box Technic catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 04:32:27 GMT

Please scan 8520, so we can get a detailed picture on Pause.

Mark Koesel wrote:

Just an FYI here.

I've got the 2000 US Lego Technic catalog.  It comes in the 8001 Battle
Droid
set (and possibly the 8000 Pit Droid too -- haven't opened that one yet).

This catalog is somewhat disappointing.  There are no pictures of the new
84xx sets, no pictures of the new 83xx Cyberslam sets, and no pictures of
the
new 852x Throwbots, except the Millennium Throwbot 8250.  Only RoboRiders
and
Speed Slammers are featured as new themes.  Oh, and of course, the Technic
Star Wars sets are in there too.

What's more, the smaller "Lego Direct" (which is actually just another name
for S@H right now, although that the new Lego Direct initiative announced
recently will change all that) brochure also makes no mention of any other
new sets, accept the 8300 Technic Guys.  This is somewhat surprising.  If
it weren't for the fact that we knew of the other sets coming this year (at
least to some countries -- maybe not the US?), the outlook for Technic in
2000 would be very grim.

So, it will be interesting to see what shows up in the European Technic
catalog (and the full in-store catalog).  It may turn out that that dealer
catalog really did give us an exclusive look of what's to come for Technic
this year...

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/