 General / 11730
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:22:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:

Reformatting lugnet.dear-lego (by retroactively altering its charter) sounds
like a great idea to me (and to Suzanne).  Anyone have any objections to
that?

Not an objection, just a suggestion...

Until now, lugnet.dear-lego has been used as (to quote someone else)
essentially a "Dear Santa" group.  No doubt there will still be times that
somone wants to say (scream, whine, throw) something at TLC without really
expecting a response, or feeling that it really needs the attention of someone
at Lego Direct.  If the charter of lugnet.dear-lego changes to being the
channel in which people are trying to communicate directly with Lego, then
they're deprived of a place to do it (which is not, of course, to say that Brad
et al. won't *read* lugnet.dear-lego, just that people posting there aren't
*necessarily* expecting a response or to be taken 100% seriously).

If a new hierarchy is created, however, it leaves us with lugnet.dear-lego for
the purposes of railing away at the heavens or babbling about things we don't
expect to really see ("...but a James Bond theme would be so cool!") without
having to burden the good folks at Lego Direct with it.  And on top of that, it
gives a fresh start to a new group where (semi-)serious communication with Lego
can begin.

Like I said, not an objection, just some points for consideration.

eric