 General / 11691
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:28:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ben Roller writes:
Not only the Pause database though, but the brickshelf one as well.

Ooh, ooh, and the LDRAW database.  I would like to see Lego's naming • convention
of parts (meaning the stuff they use) published for the Ldraw community.

Ben Roller

Along the same lines: make your parts available in LDraw format, or
some other format that you already use and publish the details so
we can convert them to LDraw format!

Welcome!  I'm a recently revived AFOL (I gave up when set complexity
went drastically down (others here call it juniorization) and the
interesting sets (Technic) were all cars, which generate a big yawn
from me) I revived for MindStorms and the pneumatic submarine sets.

What do I love?

Lego Technic, Mindstorms, Pitsco-Dacta educational sets...

What do I hate?

Juniorization, limited use pieces.  I'd *love* to see some
explanation in instructions after a subsystem has been constructed
regarding how the subsystem works, why it was built the way it was,
and some of the design "cliche's" that can be seen in the construction
of the subsystem.  Help bring KABOB's into adulthood as AFOLs!

-Peter