 General / 11644
Re: Introducing LEGO Direct
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 01:11:32 GMT

7.  Introduction of historical or educational themes: The 1700s, Greek
Mythology, Vikings, Norse Mythology, Mad King Ludwig II, Monsters, Superheros,
etc., etc., etc.

I concur. Greeks and/or romans, with roman soldiers etc. Just imagine lego doing
the greek gods. a lego zuse (how do you spell it?) with a bolt of lightning. mabie
a lego minotaur. how about some disvoery of australia type stuff like the endevour.
or some discovery of america stuff with a columbus minifig? There are so many
untapped periods in history. us cival war stuff, perhaps? but my all time favorite
theme would be:modern military sets, with a minifig scale f14 and a minifig scale
m1a1 abrams main battle tank!

9.  An annual "design an element contest" where the resulting element is put
into production for at least a short duration.

some things to add to this:1.the element must not be copied from any brand of
construction toy.
2.the element must not be an electrical part or other expensive part.
3.you must design a set that uses this element and the other elements must be
pieces currently in production.
4.the prize is a free copy of the set you designed. (on second thought... people
would design something that uses as many special parts as possible)

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com