 General / 11497
Re: Oddities about 6464
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 18:21:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ray Sanders writes:
A few days back, I received a 6464 from zainybrainy.com. I have noticed
a few oddities about it...

o There is no mention about TLC-US on the box, only Billund.

o The UPC number does not begin with the usual '42884...' (typical on
all other Lego sets I have), instead it has a funky 12 or 13 digit number.

o Trans-blue medium slopes ? I have not opened it yet, but I see
pictures of several medium 1x2 and 2x2 trans-blue slopes.

o One of the road signs appears to be for a UK postal (french-horn with
a crown above it).

Is this a european set ?

Ray

Yes.  It has never been marketed in major National chains (TRU, Wal-Mart,
Target).  Zainy Brainy has also gotten a number of European (or Non-American)
sets, like 5571 and 4565.

Jeff