 General / 11301
Re: About this 2000 dealers catalog
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 08:37:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Todd Lehman writes:
In lugnet.general, Jonathan Wilson <wilsonj@xoommail.com> writes:
[...]
I assume that we wont be seeing a reference to 5987 dino research
station or 4166 mickeys car garage on the pause database any time soon,
then?

That's a tough one...I don't know yet.  Certainly not the pictures until the
real consumer catalog comes out (or the sets), but the set numbers and names
are a different issue.  It's probably OK to list those now, but I'll have to
check.

--Todd

[followups to lugnet.admin.database]

Excuse me?

So it's alright to release a textual description of something that is supposed
to be 'confidential', but not OK to post a graphic of it????

If you are trying to protect TLC's rights by keeping this information from the
public, then I cant see how they differ.

So the words "Star Wars Bucket" are ok, but a picture of a bucket is not?
How and why is it a different issue.

The debates about whether the sets will actually ship or not, that the
information is confidential to the dealers etc, is exactly the same whether it
is text or graphics.

I think you guys have got yourselves into a right mess over this issue......

Good luck sorting it out!

regards
lawrence