 General / 1126
Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 04:40:44 GMT

De Bengel <wvw@earthlink.net> wrote:
On Thu, 3 Dec 1998 15:43:22 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

I'm not absolutely positive about this, but I thought only Agent could
handle multiple servers with the different ini files and dirs, not
Free Agent?
Im running FreeAgent 1.11/32 and I have 3 news servers configured.
Just make new directories under the agent directory and create a
shortcut for each server you want to reach. In the properties of these
shortcuts, you leave the program identical, but set the working
directory to the ones you just created. Start each shortcut, and
change the prefs to whatever you like.

Well there you go.  Figured I was wrong.  I remember this from when I
used Free Agent.  Now I just use Linux to read news. (1)

1. Well, technically I use slrn on my Linux box, but since all I have
time to do with Linux nowadays while I'm working on playing with NT
and IIS is read news, I'm starting to feel like it's the only thing I
can use it for. *sigh*  Especially since my nice Dell P2-400 at work
has some kind of weird ATI card that Redhat 5.2 doesn't recognize, so
I can't run it at a high enough res to make X enjoyable. :/

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET