 General / 10460
Re: 11 O'Clock Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 19:42:03 GMT

Oh come on, you're not seriously trading in disasters are you? I'm more
offended by the fact that you've trivialised both events by turning it into a
petty Atlantic divide. If you thought that the first post was offensive, then
you knew that yours was also.

Richard

In lugnet.loc.uk, Phil Watt writes:
The same piece count could be used for PanAm 103, but I guess this would be a
little bit too close to home.
-Phil

"Stu C." wrote:

On the 11 O'Clock Show last night (a satirical look at the day's news shown • on
Channel 4 on Tuesdays to Thursdays), there was a pretty sick Lego joke -
apologies to anybody who gets offended now, but I'm only the messenger,
(although I have to admit I did chuckle slightly at the reference).

The story was in relation to a new toy released in the US of an exact • replica
of the Dealey Plaza motorcade, moments before the bullet struck Kennedy. The
presenters thought up some even more offensive 'historically accurate' toys,
one of which was a Challenger shuttle made out of Lego - the gag was that • you
didn't need to assemble it, cos it was accurate as it came in the box.

Stu C.
University of Glasgow