 General / 10439
10438  |  10440
Subject:
11 O'Clock Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:04:29 GMT

On the 11 O'Clock Show last night (a satirical look at the day's news shown on
Channel 4 on Tuesdays to Thursdays), there was a pretty sick Lego joke -
apologies to anybody who gets offended now, but I'm only the messenger,
(although I have to admit I did chuckle slightly at the reference).

The story was in relation to a new toy released in the US of an exact replica
of the Dealey Plaza motorcade, moments before the bullet struck Kennedy. The
presenters thought up some even more offensive 'historically accurate' toys,
one of which was a Challenger shuttle made out of Lego - the gag was that you
didn't need to assemble it, cos it was accurate as it came in the box.

Stu C.
University of Glasgow