 General / 10393
Re: More 2000 TRU Prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:07:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jonas Marcho wrote:

$80 for the Highway Construction Set? That is without a doubt the biggest rip-
off in Lego history. I mean, look at it! There isn't enough for even a $30,
let alone an $80 set.

Is it a rip-off?  Let's take a guess at the retail value of the pieces:

Crane:         $17.00      $15.00
Dump Truck:      8.00        9.00
Digger:          8.00        9.00
   (including both attachments)
Service Vehicle: 5.00        5.00
Road sections:  $6.00 x 4   24.00
Piers:          $1.60 x 6    9.60
Pier Bases:     $2.50 x 3    7.50
                           ------
Total:                      79.10

Hmm. The numbers above were total guesses, I didn't expect to come that close to
the actual retail price for the set.  If anything, I think I'm guessing cheap
for the roadplates, but I think the other figures are fair guesses.

So I guess the set is somewhat overpriced, assuming I made good guesses as to
the value of each part of the set.

Steve