 General / 10290
Re: Please help me with a gift
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:49:05 GMT

Sandra Snipes <ESFS@FTC-I.NET> wrote in message
news:FLAFMs.LoC@lugnet.com...
Hello.  This is my first post to this group as I have just discovered it. • My
husband (37) and son (8) have flipped over legos again.  Actually my child • is
just beginning to enjoy the legos that "Santa" brought him as an infant.
Anyway,  was wondering if anyone here could suggest a good lego gift for • my
husband for Christmas.  He is a banker so was wondering if any sets had • any
related items in them.  Or has anyone ever seen like a LEGO necktie?  I • think
that would be really cool.  I would really like to give him something he • could
build and display on his desk but I don't know much about what is • available in
LEGO.  Thank you for letting me post this and I hope to hear back from
someone.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Sandra, and you're welcome..:-)

There was a Lego Bank set introduced in 1997 and it could be still available
from shop@home or any other retailers. This is set# 6566 and has a price of
16.5 USD.

Actually, this set belongs to a product group that introduced in 1997 (Town
Jr., namely)and quite hated by any Adult fan of Lego (AFOL) because of its
simplicity. If your husband really likes building with lego I suggest
Technic series (if he like building working mechanism like a 6-gear Ferrari
with a working V8 engine or computer controlled robots) and Star Wars series
(his age is very appropriate for being a Star Wars fan..:-)

You can check out www.lego.com and/or call shop@home (tel?..I don't live in
US, sorry..:-)

Selçuk