 General / 10001
Re: What might have been...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 02:28:36 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy Sproat writes:

After seeing the LEGO y2k catalog, the one thing that's been going around and
around in my head is the notion that we are getting older -- all of us --
while the average age of TLG's targeted audience is pretty much staying put.
Of *course* newer sets are going to be worse than before.

I agree - what is also happening that with the increased growth of the online
Lego community (OLC?), our collective critical abiltiy is evolving. Also, our
experiences of MOCs raise our expectations - the main criticism of the Falcon
seems to be that it doesn't compare favourably with MOCs, rather than anything
inherently wrong with its play value or piece content.

Even at it's best, Town didn't compare with MiniLand at Billund - I think it's
a fair analogy to keep in mind?

Richard