 Gaming / Starship / 828
Re: Why I have been posting all this stuff to Starship lately.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sat, 18 Dec 2004 02:50:09 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Avery Christy wrote:
   Hey all you Starshippers,

Some of you might have been wondering why I have been posting bikes and robits and shuttles for sale to Starship.

Well, my fullest intention was to not only share those things with the community, but, if other players were so inclined, to share the use of these things in our gameplay.

In other words, if anyone in Starship wanted to use a Robit aboard their personal space ship or have one of the shuttles I built as a lander aboard their starship or space station or whatever, then have at it!

I don’t even care if you forget (or don’t want to) give credit as to where you got it. I am putting these things up as public domain for public use.

I should have stated that earlier before I posted, but I can sometimes be a little scatter brained.

I can try for some better images if requested so that players can photoshop these things into their images. Or, if you have the parts, build it yourself. Copy and use as you see fit.

And, to add to this, if someone wanted to build a theme ship (Baragath pirates, Cratha, Feeraas, etc.) from my sectors, then have at it! I only ask that the style of the ship be in some lines connected with whatever I already have. Such as the red warbird-ish style of the Baragath Pirates.

I still have not decided what style I will go with on the Cratha, and they are my main characters!

I’ve talked too much, Avery

All very nice.

This was my original plan, as well, though I never stated it publicly. I figured this:

If Faction A mass-produces something and puts it on sale, surely Faction A wouldn’t be the only ones to buy it. Therefore, there’d be others in the Galaxy who’d buy it and such, and therefore put into circulation a large spreading of technology.

Anyone can feel free to use (most) of my stuff as well. Other stuff is government-only due to the...violent nature of some of the stuff :P

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone,

-Dan