 Gaming / Starship / 426
Re: Three new ships registered (Registry up to date)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:33:11 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, Andrew Engstrom wrote:
   It’s not very often we see non-“action” ships. I’ll be interested to see how you play them (ship logs, maybe?).

It wasn’t really my idea per se - it kinda came out of the storyline with Dan, and it seemed only sensible that the Commonwealth might commandeer some of these type of vessels to go help the folks in Arbor. I don’t know that I’ll be setting up a regular tourist line around the galaxy. Seems to me that playing that might compete with noughts and crosses (tic tac toe) for the ‘Most boring game in the universe’. Dunno, YMMV.

   My only question is, where are all the windows? For a cruise liner, there are a puny number of portholes! Oh, unless the scale is too small to represent windows...

Mmmm. Scale for port holes is a problem, so I followed the microfig tradition of showing windows as different coloured plates. The white plates you see peeking out from between the grey, or red, in the case of the tenders, represent banks (?, what is the collective noun for windows anyway?) of windows. I guess I’m suggesting that by the time we can build ships like these, we won’t need to use sturdy port holes, but will be able to have great bay windows onto space :-)