 Gaming / Starship / 184
Re: Weekly Reports 07/18/03
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 02:15:09 GMT

In lugnet.gaming.starship, John P. Henderson wrote:
Also sent out are my SM emails.  I'm curious though, has anyone heard from JHK?
I have not seen any emails regarding his action in my sector nor my action in
his since before he left for his camp several weeks ago.  Just wondering.

I've sent out 3 emails-

28 June:

-------Original Message-------
From: Galactic Mediator Hendo
Subject: Starship: DERELICT: The Wandering Drifter
Sent: 17 Jun 2003 01:08:26

=
Starship: DERELICT: The Wandering Drifter

http://www.valyance.com/starship/val_central/derelict/

Coordinates: Landed at E3.

Condition: Shields back to 100%.  All systems functional

Items Found: Nothing New (except what the aliens have).

Recent Events: You get no response from scienceguy32, and you send your message to the Churchill.  While you await a reply from the USC ship that is orbiting above you, the diplomat druids go to work.

The droids find that these aliens actually speak in a dialect of the common tongue that is similar to Valyancian, although with some definite grammatical variations.  Their vocabulary is not alien, although it seems limited, adding to the primitive appearance you already noticed.  The one word that is completely alien is that Fiu-Jiff they were muttering.  The droids quickly determine this what these people call themselves.

Physically, the Fiu-Jiff are humanoid in appearance, standing several inches taller than the average human and with long necks supporting a heavy jawed and thick browed face.  Their limbs are sturdy, yet not overly muscular for the overall height.  For clothing, they are almost completely nude, covering only a few vital areas with scraps of cloth.

The droids then analyze the equipment the Fiu-Jiff carry.  Many of them hold spears that are in some way energized from within their stalks.  The energy output of these devises is less than a flashlight bulb, indicating a possible ritual purpose.  Although without closer inspection, there is no way to know whether these cyber-spears might be capable of a greater output.  As you noticed, one of the aliens carries some form of blaster, or possibly a welder (your droids are unsure).  But this devise has no energy signature, and one droid suggests it might even be being held backwards.

The aliens’ behavior continues to be one of curiosity.  When first addressed by the droids, they were amazed that a metal device could speak.  There is some discussion amongst the aliens that perhaps these metal animals might be the otherworlders that the forefathers spoke of.  But the one with the possible blaster says that the legendary otheworlders were said to wear more clothing.  So, the Fiu-Jiff turn to the droids and ask, “What type of animal are you?”

=== Next Action: The Wandering Drifter ===

Please respond and indicate your next actions.

Direction: Hold

Use Item: [Describe as needed]

Other Action:

Captain K hurridly rushes out of the ship, towing along his Universal Transator
and a personal porta-shield- a new breakthrough in Outer Rim technology- just in
case.

He turns to the Fiu-Jiff and says, "I am an Otherworlder." The Fiu-Jiff all turn
to him and mutter in suprise. Captain K waits for the response.

Meanwhile, comm communications continue with the Churchhill.

=================================

Thank you,
-SM Hendo

And then another one, also sent to Dan:

OREC responds with a short message.

"We accept your message and send a ship up immedietly."

The Explorer rumbles off the planet's surface and trundles towards the
Churchill. The crew digs out supplies of weldable plexi-steel, and sets to work
helping the Churchill. Good thing that ore was found... A small back-up ship is
left on the planet, to help Captain K in case he and the droids get into
trouble.

Then, another on 3 of July, in response to your action email:

Hendo, did you get BOTH of my emails? You only seem to have the one I sent to
Dan.

-JHK

Hope that helps... maybe you can try re-sending my action emails.

-JHK