 Gaming / Starship / 119
118  |  120
Subject:
New Pacific Action Email
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming.starship
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 13:15:19 GMT

Richard, your email I recieved today said I did not send an email this week. I replied to the email of the 25th last night, CC’ing you your work account. I recieved an email today that says I did not reply. Here’s the email for the 25th:

START Your actions:

Move: “Ensign, plot a course for Starbase N-2, Alpha 1,3. Let’s hope we don’t get another powerplant explosion. Are the force-fields containing the reactor?”

“Yes’sir, but barely. It’s having power drained but the AI keeps it compensating. We really need a new...”

“I know! Don’t tell me what we need! Just do as I told you, Ensign.”

Communications: The Glimmer of Hope’s shipboard AI activates itself, opening hails to Starbase N-2, the Melbourne, and the Newcastle.

N-2, HES Melbourne, HES Newcastle, this is the USS Glimmer of Hope hailing from the Universal Star Command Royal Navy, Diplomatic Fleet. Request immediate assistance. Reason for extended inactivity: total shipwide system failure. Reactor explosion occured 3 weeks ago, shutting down all shipboard systems. Crew managed to save lifesupport before fatality. Ship can manage to reach Starbase N-2. Request new reactor core and new inner hull structural support in Engineering. Lava damage has been found on Deck 6B, Engineering, inner hull. Please provide assistance. Glimmer of Hope, out.

Systems settings: “Get the lava off now! Activate excess lava vents now! We’ve got to get this out of here before another explosions!” the Chief Engineer acknowledges to his comrades, trying to fix the power plant of the ship. Lava damage is detected all along Deck 6B, the main area of engineering. Lava is a waste produced by this type of reactor, thus must be vented out or sent to the lava cannon. When the reactor exploded, it destroyed the pipes that allow the lava to flow into the venting area. The crew managed to keep the lava from destroying the entire ship by freezing it repeatedly, but they must get rid of it sooner or later.

Weapons are lowered completely, almost turned off. They are on extremely low power levels. The crew really does not think they need weapons in a peaceful sector like this, but decide to keep it on low power, just in case. Other actions: The normal crew goes about their duties, collecting samples of space rock, scanning areas of the sector for interesting exploratory objects, and just having a good time, waiting for shore leave. END

Why isn’t it working?

-Dan