 Gaming / 897
Re: Junkbot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:35:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
Someone actually posted this url in rec.roller-coaster. I hadn't seen it
before; It's cute!

(why was it mentioned there??? cool but different!)

http://www.lego.com/build/junkbot/junkbot.asp

   Iain

One of our very own LUGNETteers, John Radtke had the #2 score spot for a
while... I got as high as #18 but that was before anyone got very good, I'm
down around 120 last I checked. Strategies and suchlike have been discussed
in various threads in lego.direct and fun.gaming (prolly where they belong,
although Tomas Clark of LD did announce its existence in lego.direct)

I'm somewhat addicted. Although not as badly as to Roller Coaster Tycoon,
mind you. Almost all of the levels take strategy and not hand/eye
coordination. I like it so much I took back most of the bad things I said
about Flash!

FUT fun.gaming, there's a current thread discussing how to improve scores.

++Lar

Heck, Larry, I was #1 the whole second week! ;)  I rested on my laurels
however and haven't gotten back to it since then.  There are some other
seemingly familiar names like Finney and Millere doing remarkably well now.
I may sit down with that list of scores that was posted and, knowing what
levels can be bettered, attack it again with renewed focus.  I don't know
about matching 311 though!  I doesn't seem that long ago we were marvelling
at 370....

Play Junkbot well,

John