 Gaming / 471
Re: Trailers in BrikWars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 01:01:22 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Adrian Drake writes:
Lets say I have a trailer with a Really Big Gun (TM) being pulled by
another vehicle, similar to a Howitzer.  Now, the trailer does not have
controls for driving, nor does it have a motor, but it does have a
weapons bank and a power source to run the guns (They are lasers).  I
need to increase the power a little bit as the chassis isn't quite big
enough.  What would be the best way to tally the CP for this creation?

First, for the truck and trailer combo, it would be easiest to count them
both together as a single big vehicle.  Even though the cab is the
powered vehicle and the trailer is a towed object, the cab engine and
control systems have to be just as powerful as if it were a single vehicle
the size of both cab and trailer.

If you want to increase the power source of the vehicle, you could
customize it using the Vehicle Performance Modification rules, or
building a custom vehicle using the Robitic Vehicles supplement.  What
I've done when I've had a single weapon with too great a power drain is
just attach a few PowerPax (minifig equipment items) to the weapon
itself, until they provide enough additional Power to keep the weapon
firing.  These PowerPax add no additional Power to the vehicle, only to
the weapon or tool they are attached to.

On a similar vein, do Lasers have recoil?  I wonder if I can fire guns this
big to the side when the trailer is being towed.

That's entirely up to you.  If they are 'real' lasers, then of course they are
only emitting large bursts of photons, whose moment of inertia is so
small as to be negligible.  There would be no noticeable recoil.  If you
want to base it on science fiction, it could go either way.  Energy blasters
have recoil; phasers don't.

In any case, there are no recoil rules in BrikWars, so even for high-impact
guns like mortars and catapults it's always up to you to decide whether
you want to try to simulate recoil or not.

- Mike Rayhawk