 Gaming / 380
Re: Brickfest BrikWars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 14:14:07 GMT

"Mike Rayhawk" <rayhawk@artcenter.edu> wrote:

I heard that you guys were going to try and run BrikWars games at the
Brickfest, but I haven't seen any mention of them in the postmortems - I take
it they weren't a big hit?  I was interested to see how (or if) the game
worked out, since as far as I know it had never been tried in a convention
setting before.  From the looks of it, the Pirate Game had a lot more success.

...We did finally manage to get a game going. It took a bit of energy to get the momentum
going to play (we sat around alot saying 'lets play' but it took randy williams showing up
to really get it running :-) I didn't actually play, but every time I passed thru it
seemed to be going great. Lots of explosions and equipment running amok. cant beat that
:-) And they built a great central bunker that by the end of the match was reduced to
rubble :-) Unfortunately, Randy had to go before we could get another game up as a
rematch.

...My only observation was set up. They spent a long time getting things going. They
seemed to be having fun, but lots of trying to make sure it was semi balanced (I tried to
tell them just to go and not worry... :-) This could have been taken care of a bit by
pre-fest construction of armies, but because a couple of the guys were new, they couldn't
have set up before

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wamalug guy  (http://wamalug.org)
Jain's Guide (http://wildlink.com/lego/jain)