 Gaming / 1879
Re: "LEGOLAND - A Half-Life 2 Modification" needs a new name!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:12:01 GMT

In lugnet.gaming, Niels Bugge wrote:
   LOL Jordan, what a hillarious idea!

Thanks!

   But perhaps it’s too ambitious? The whole building part sounds hard to make (and hard to get people to participate in instead of just going gung-ho), and if you can just pick up detached parts, what stops you from picking up your own at once? Now if the destroyed part just dissapeared leaving the rest intact, you’d have to scavenge on others corpses that would be a different story (or go out and whack someone to get an arm or head). But the you’d have TK issues when people wanted parts in the right colour. (unless it change into the one you whish).

When a piece detaches from your minifig’s body, you will have to wait a few seconds before you can reattach it. That’s the current plan. During that time it’s more than likely you will become separated from whatever it is you lost due to other things happening around you. As for team kills and non-cooperation, I don’t think they’ll be likely. Most people aren’t nasty. And team damage can be disabled, anyway.

   Anyways, it would be nice to see some more poses, and perhaps shots with the original weapons from counterstrike for instance. Speaking about guns it would be nice to be able to customize one’s own in ldraw, in the whole building spirit, but that would probably be too hard.

We don’t want this to be a FPS with a LEGO paint job slapped on. We’ll be testing the gameplay with weapons much farther down the line; right now I’m working on getting the basic building functionality coded.

Importing LDraw things is something I would like to let people do, but it won’t happen for a long time.