 Gaming / 1833
  Re: ESPG rules considerations (was Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

In lugnet.gaming, Frank Filz wrote: , it's small arms fire that is too effective. (...) You might want to take a look at Flagship Games [Pirates!] They are designed for cast resin ships and 25mm figs, but the cannon count and physical ship size is (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: ESPG rules considerations (was Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) I'll have to have a look at this also. I'm not absolutely wedded to a campaign game with ship upgrades (even in an 8 hour game, they barely come into play). Adding the other aspects of the campaign game (scenario islands and such) would be (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: ESPG rules considerations (was Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) A lot depends on which way you want to go - role-playing or straight miniatures gaming. With role-playing people can join and leave at their leisure, but it leaves a lot of work and unfocused effort. Essentialy, a bunch of one-on-one (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: ESPG rules considerations (was Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) The Western theme could be a good game to break the ESPG for a bit. Using my pic from BF2004: (URL) attacking a wagon train or Indians doing a buffalo run, maybe the bad guys doing a bit of rustling: (URL) of these ideas might make a good (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: ESPG rules considerations (was Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) I'll probably end up with RuneQuest since it is at least published. I do dislike the high level I hit he parries problem (though I point out GURPS actually has this problem also). I have found RuneQuest characters to be fairly different, it's (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  (canceled)

  Re: ESPG rules considerations (was Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) BrikWars would not be my system of choice. Actually, I've mostly decided that the AFOL created systems aren't really worth it. None of them really take advantage of the brick (BrikWars does to a minor extent, but then you can disassemble (...) (20 years ago, 8-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  How can we take advantage of the brick?

(...) I tend to agree. We tried a couple of things to make BrikWars more brick-centric: a system for minifigures to construct things mid-battle, the Mechanix who can recombine blasted-apart vehicle fragments in new ways, etc. - none of them ever (...) (20 years ago, 9-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)