 Games / LEGO Media / LEGO Creator / 25
Re: lca to vca & editing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.creator
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 19:40:05 GMT

"Robin Sayce-Jones" <robin@sayce-jones.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
news:FLrwGp.JE8@lugnet.com...

I've noticed the lca files are really vca files. Does anyone know of a
shareware 3d editor that can handle vca files?
I've found out that .VCA files are clip art files for  programs by
SuperScape;
VRT (Virtual Reality Toolkit), 3D Webmaster and possibly others.
Unfortunately, SuperScape seems to have abandoned these products,
and I can't seem to find any information on the file format of .VCA files.

I managed to find a trial download of 3D Webmaster, I managed to
open some of the include .VCA files, but I tried converting a .LCA
to a .VCA by stripping off the first 24 bytes, but 3D Webmaster
refused to load it.

It would be nice if we could create new pieces and scenes for
Creator, and also perhaps export models to VRML.

Has anyone else had any success with this, or have any information
on the .VCA file format?

Thanks
Graham Inggs