 Fun / Holiday / 103
102  |  104
Subject:
The Cottontail Special - 2002 Easter Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.richlug
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 14:12:16 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

As part of the late-March RichLUG Train/Town display here in Richmond,
Virginia, I ran an Easter train that I put together a couple of days before
the show.  I had wanted to have a train in pastel colors, not only because
of the season, but to run around the property of the house and gardens that
were my primary MOC that I unveiled for the show.

You can see pictures from the show in the following Brickshelf folders:

From these pictures, Mike Walsh saw one of my train and posted a msg to
LUGNET about it.  I had named that picture "Easter Express" which the
original name I was thinking of using for the train.  I decided that I
didn't want to use "express" again (I already have my Ghostline Express) so
I came up with the name "The Cottontail Special".

I had intended to take and post some pictures of my Easter Train this past
weekend but never got around to it.  Inspired by Mike's post and thinking
that folks might want to see a few more details, I took a few quick pictures
this morning and have posted them to the following Brickshelf folder:

At the show, I had the first Passenger car filled with mini-figs.  The
second one was filled with various LEGO animals.  I ran the train really
slow on its loop around the Gardens so folks could easily spot who the
Engineer was.

Most people really like the Easter train, but it was funny to see a couple
of younger boys have a reaction of "Eewwww! I don't like that train.  It's
for girls."

I basically threw this train together using parts that were left over from
building my house.  It's not really intended to be a "permanent" part of the
RichLUG train fleet.  I'll probably leave it built only as long as I don't
need the parts for any other projects (my Christmas train from this past
year got scavenged pretty hard for white pieces for my house).

Hope folks enjoy the pictures!

Greg