 Fun / Gaming / 767
766  |  768
Subject:
Brikwars 2000 troop scorer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 04:14:34 GMT

For all you Brikwars players out there who are like me-- writing down your
stats all by hand, crossing this and that out, writing 1+3=9, realizing it
equals 7, and having to go back and change it again, this one's for you.

The troop scorer is a little CGI I wrote recently to aid with NELUG's
upcoming Brikwars battle, since I thought I might provide some help to
others by pre-scoring some of my "extra troops" and donning them out to any
lacking in TL2 figs... and reading my handwriting would be hard, at best. So
this program will take all the equipment, attribute upgrades, etc, and tally
up a trooper's score & statistics for pretty much everything. But I figured
I'd go ahead and make it public:

http://www.suave.net/~dave/bw.cgi

It should be complete-- the problems I know of are:
- it doesn't calculate mass of the troop wearing excessive things.
- the "Throw Range" listed is for throwing a "typical" 1-blok sized object.
- no maximum damage is calculated.
- battering rams are still really screwed up.
- it doesn't tell you that you only get 1 shot if you forgot to buy a quiver.
- it'll let you wear skis & flippers, quivers & plate armor & epaulets &
containers at the same time.
- it doesn't let you add/subtract extra dice/etc to your character's
statistics, or allow for "custom" weapons.
- attributes like "pacifism", "targeting", "robot brain", "piloting", etc
aren't included for standard troops.

However, despite all these problems, the next thing I'll try and work out
will probably be some way for you, the viewer, to "store" an army so that
you can tally together an army, and print more than 1 of these undersized
tables per page and not kill excessive trees before a game :)

Otherwise, it should work correctly-- let me know if you find any problems
with it! :)

DaveE