 Fun / 82
Re: Practical Application for LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 17:38:24 GMT

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> writes:

We opened up the pipe at one end, tied a string to the back of the crawler,
and sent it through the pipe.

It got stuck a few times.  Whenever it did, we pulled it back out of the
pipe.  It always brought some lint with it. :)  Sometimes a lot of lint. :)
:)

At one point, the crawler got stuck in the middle of the pipe, and the
motor separated from the tender.  The good news was, this was at a joint in
the pipe.  So we moved a couple of ceiling tiles, opened the pipe at that
point, and retrieved our crawler.

Once we got the string through one section of the pipe, we tied a heavier
line onto it, and pulled that through.  Then we tied a couple of towels to
the line, and pulled those back and forth, until the pipe was clean. :)

I'd love to try that. I suspect my air pipe is darn near plugged solid,
given how long the dryer takes to dry things. Unfortunately, I live on
the 6th floor of a condo building, and the end of the pipe is nowhere
near any balconies. And, the length of it is completely inside the walls
and a ceiling dropdown. I suspect I need professional help. :-)

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/